Open Access Agreement between DEAL Consortium and Elsevier
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society participates in the agreement between the DEAL Consortium and Elsevier and centrally covers the Open Access fees for affiliated corresponding authors in more than 2500 Elsevier hybrid and fully Open Access journals, including Cell Press and The Lancet journals.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing in Elsevier journals:
- The article has been accepted for publication by an Elsevier hybrid or fully open access journal. From the perspective of the Max Planck Society, a CC BY license should be selected (as the only compatible license with EU and other funder mandates), if offered by the journal.
- The acceptance date of the article is on or after 16 October, 2023.
- To be eligible, the author must be the corresponding author of the article. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only, but the author must act as main contact for Elsevier after editorial acceptance.
- The author must be affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and must publish under this affiliation – the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the published article.
- The article matches one of these types: Full Length Articles; Review Articles; Case Reports; Data in Brief; Microarticle; Original Software Publication; Protocol; Replication Study; Short Communication; Short Survey; Video Article.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters, etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
The list of all Elsevier journals in which you can publish your article OA at no cost to you is available on the MPG OA Journal Finder.