Open Access Agreement with Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society has established a new open access agreement with the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) which covers open access publishing of all accepted articles by corresponding Max Planck authors in all ACM journals under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). Under the agreement, the article processing charges will be paid for centrally by the Max Planck Digital Library. The agreement also covers read access to the complete ACM Digital Library (including the entire publication portfolio and archive) with the sole exception being the ACM Book Series, which is not included. This open access agreement is part of the Max Planck Society’s strategy to enable a large-scale transition of today’s scholarly journals to open access.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions and mind the following guidelines when publishing with ACM:
- Eligible articles must be published on or after the agreement’s start date May 1, 2020 or accepted for publication prior to the termination date December 31, 2023.
- A Max Planck affiliated author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The corresponding author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation - the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the published article.
- Research articles, reviews, conference proceedings, and all article types for which ACM levies article processing charges (APC) are eligible under the agreement.
- In order to be identified as eligible, please state your Max Planck affiliation and use your institutional Max Planck email address in the ACM submission system.
Please note that charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
Open Access Support by Max Planck Digital Library