Open Access Books Agreement with Springer Nature
Information for Max Planck Authors
Authors affiliated with an eligible Max Planck Institute receive a discount on the standard Book Publishing Charge (BPC). MPDL covers the costs remaining after the discount is applied on a pro rata basis.
In order to make use of the agreement the following conditions must be met:
- Authors must be affiliated with an eligible Max Planck Institute and this affiliation must be stated in the published book.
- Eligible authors must be the sole-, lead- or co-author of a book.
- Eligible books under this agreement are Springer Nature monographs with an editorial acceptance date between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2024.
- All English and German language Springer Nature books imprints and series by eligible authors are included.
- CC-BY license is the default.