Open Access Agreement with the Royal Society 2021-2023
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society has established a new open access agreement with the Royal Society which covers open access publishing of all articles submitted by corresponding Max Planck authors in all Royal Society Gold and Hybrid journals under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). Under the agreement, the article processing charges will be paid for centrally by the Max Planck Digital Library. This open access agreement is part of the Max Planck Society’s strategy to enable a large-scale transition of today’s scholarly journals to open access.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation - the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The article is submitted between Jan 1, 2021 and Dec 31, 2023.
- All article types are eligible except letters to the editor, corrections, retractions
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated. During the production process, the Royal Society and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.