Open Access Agreement between Projekt DEAL and Wiley
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society participates in the agreement between Projekt DEAL and Wiley and centrally covers the Open Access fees for affiliated corresponding authors in all Wiley hybrid and fully Open Access journals and Hindawi journals.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with Wiley:
- The article has been accepted for publication by a Wiley hybrid or fully open access journal.
- The acceptance date of the article is on or after 22 January 2019 in the case of fully open access journals and on or after 1 July 2019 in the case of hybrid journals.
- To be eligible, the author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only.
- The author must be affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and must publish under this affiliation – the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the published article.
- The article matches one of these types: Primary research articles or review articles.
- Charges for additional options (page charges, color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
You can find detailed information about the workflows for authors in Wiley’s hybrid and fully open access journals here:
Hybrid OA journal workflow (OnlineOpen)
Open Access Support by Max Planck Digital Library