Open Access Agreement with SAGE
Information for Max Planck Authors
In 2019 Max Planck authors can publish open access in over 730 SAGE journals (included in the 2015/2016 SAGE Premier set). The Open Access agreement for Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access charge for affiliated submitting corresponding authors who publish in selected Sage journals under a Creative Commons license. In addition, MPG members will have access to the “2015/2016 SAGE Premier” collection of subscription journals.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with SAGE:
- SAGE Choice Hybrid Scheme:
- The article has been accepted by a journal that is in the SAGE Choice Hybrid Scheme as well as part of the 2015/2016 SAGE Premier package. The Max Planck Society recommends authors to select the CC-BY license; in cases where a CC-BY license is not offered by the journal, another CC license is acceptable.
- A Max Planck author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article and submit the article using their Max Planck email address. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation – the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The agreement is in effect until Dec. 31, 2019. Be advised that relevant for eligibility is the date the article enters SAGE's production system, not the submission or acceptance date.
- The article matches one of these types: Original Research Paper, Review Paper, Brief Communication, Short Report, Case Report or similar (not included article types: errata, book review, editorial, published abstract, call for papers, news items or similar).
- Articles published in sponsored supplements are not eligible under this agreement.
- Authors sign the exclusive license form upon acceptance and prior to entering production. Articles eligible under this agreement will be identified post-acceptance based on email domain or Ringgold ID provided on submission. Eligible authors will be informed via email and then need to sign and return the SAGE Choice open access contributor form within 2 weeks; this will override the original copyright agreement.
- SAGE Pure Gold Open Access
- 20% discount on APC on all proprietary Gold Open Access titles for corresponding authors at Max Planck institutions.
- APCs for articles in Gold Open Access Journals are NOT centrally covered at this point! Authors will have to arrange for payment at their institute.