Generally, the contracts allow electronic access to information to staff members, guest scientists, Ph. D. students and postdocs affiliated to a Max-Planck institution.
In general the main conditions are:
- The access is allowed for scientific and personal purposes only. Any usage for commercial purposes is prohibited
- Users are requested to respect the rules of scientific citing
- Only single articles may be downloaded. To make copies only for personal or scientific purposes is permitted
- Generally users are not allowed to send electronic copies (PDFs) to recipients outside the Max-Planck Society
- In those cases where a password is used, this must be kept confidential and must not be disclosed to third parties.
- Any systematic downloading of articles or search results, in particular by robots, is prohibited; this also applies to systematic downloads via reference management software (i.e. EndNote)
- All publishers reserve the right to disable access in cases of reasonable suspicion for abuse. Similarly, any breach of copyright can entail the same consequences. Technically this means that a campus if not the whole Max Planck Society may be switched off from access to the respective publisher's server.
- Users are recommended to read the Conditions of use for publishers of resources relevant to them.
German version: MPDL Librarian Center