Open Access Agreement with American Physical Society (APS)
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society has established a new open access agreement with the American Physical Society (APS) which covers open access publishing in all APS Journals (except "Review of Modern Physics" and "Physics") by Max Planck affiliated initial corresponding authors under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). Under the agreement, the article processing charges will be covered centrally by the Max Planck Digital Library. The agreement also covers read access to the APS journal portfolio. This open access agreement is part of the Max Planck Society’s strategy to enable a large-scale transition of today’s scholarly journals to open access.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- The acceptance date of the article must be between Jan. 01, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2024.
- The author must publish under the Max Planck affiliation. The respective Max Planck Institute must be stated in the published article.
- The author must be the initial corresponding author of the article, which is the author identified as the corresponding author in the intitial instance of submission of a manuscript to one of the publisher's journals. Please note that it is not possible to obtain eligibility under the agreement through later changes in the corresponding authorship.
- All article types accepted in the participating journals are eligible, including but not limited to: Regular Articles, Letters, Rapid Communications, Reviews, Perspectives, and Short Papers.
- Please use your Max Planck email address and state your Max Planck affiliation during submission and in correspondence whenever possible to ensure identification as eligible under the agreement.
Please note that charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
The list of all APS journals in which you can publish your article OA at no cost to you is available on the MPG OA Journal Finder