IOP Open Access Agreement 2018-2020
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society established a new agreement with Institute of Physics Publishing (IOP) which includes access to IOP's premium journal collection IOPScience extra as well as allowing authors to publish open access in 36 selected subscription journals under a free Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The open access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access publication charge for Max Planck affiliated corresponding authors meaning that authors or institutions will not be invoiced.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with IOP:
- The article has been accepted by one of these 36 selected IOP journals.
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation- the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The acceptance date of the article is between Jan 1, 2018 and Dec 31, 2020.
- The article matches one of these types: article, special issue article, letter.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated. During the production process, IOP and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.