IOP Open Access Agreement 2022-2024
Information for Max Planck Authors
MPDL established a new transformative open access agreement with Institute of Physics Publishing (IOP) which allows authors to publish open access in all IOP fully open access journals and 56 included hybrid journals under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The agreement also includes access to IOP's full journal portfolio. Under this agreement, the Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access publication charge for Max Planck affiliated corresponding authors, meaning that authors or institutes will not be invoiced.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following general conditions when publishing with IOP:
- A Max Planck author must be the submitting corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation - the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The article is accepted in one of IOP’s fully OA journals or one of the included hybrid journals between Jan 1, 2022 and Dec 31, 2024. To check if your journal is included, see our searchable list of OA journals with central payment.
- The article matches one of these types: article, special issue article, review, letter.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, page charges, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated. During the production process, IOP and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.
IOP information page for Max Planck authors
Open Access Support by Max Planck Digital Library