IOP Open Access Agreement 2018-2020
Information for Max Planck Authors
MPDL established an agreement with Institute of Physics Publishing (IOP) which allows authors to publish open access in selected Gold Open Access and subscription journals under a free Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The agreement also includes access to IOP's premium journal collection IOPScience extra. The open access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access publication charge for Max Planck affiliated corresponding authors meaning that authors or institutions will not be invoiced.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following general conditions when publishing with IOP:
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation - the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The acceptance date of the article is between Jan 1, 2018 and Dec 31, 2020 (for the newly included Gold Open Access journals indicated with *, the acceptance date must be between Jan 1, 2020 and Dec 31, 2020).
- The article matches one of these types: article, special issue article, letter.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement
- The article has been accepted by one of these selected IOP subscription journals or one of these selected IOP Gold Open Access journals:
New Journal of Physics
Environmental Research Letters
Journal of Physics Communications
Materials Research Express*
Environmental Research Communications*
JPhys Complexity* (Fees waived in 2020)
JPhys Materials* (Fees waived in 2020)
JPhys Photonics* (Fees waived in 2020)
Journal of Physics: Energy* (Fees waived in 2020)
Machine Learning: Science and Technology* (Fees waived in 2020)
Nano Express* (Fees waived in 2020)
Materials for Quantum Technology* (Fees waived until 2022)
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated. During the production process, IOP and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.