Open Access Books Agreement with Brill
Information for Max Planck Authors
Authors affiliated with an eligible Max Planck Institute receive a discount on the standard Book Publishing Charge (BPC) and on the standard Chapter Publishing Charge. MPDL covers the costs remaining after the discount is applied on a pro rata basis. The agreement runs until October 2025.
In order to make use of the agreement the following conditions must be met:
- Eligible authors are all authors and volume editors affiliated with an eligible Max Planck Institute. Volume editors must additionally be authors of a chapter of an edited volume.
- Eligible authors must be affiliated with an eligible Max Planck Institute and this affiliation must be stated in the published book or chapter.
- Eligible works under this agreement are Brill monographs, edited volumes and individual chapters in edited volumes.
- Eligible authors can choose between CC-BY, CC-BY-NC or CC-BY-NC-ND license for their work. The Max Planck Society encourages its researchers to choose CC-BY.
- Brill‘s German language imprints Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Böhlau, Schöningh, Fink & mentis are included.
Open Access Support by Max Planck Digital Library