Mary Ann Liebert Open Access Agreement 2021-2023
Information for Max Planck Authors
MPDL established an agreement with Mary Ann Liebert which allows authors to publish open access in all currently subscribed Mary Ann Liebert titles under a free Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The hybrid open access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access publication charge for Max Planck affiliated corresponding authors meaning that authors or institutes will not be invoiced.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following general conditions when publishing with Mary Ann Liebert:
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation - the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The article is submitted between Jan 1, 2021 and Dec 31, 2023 in one of the included Mary Ann Liebert subscription journals. (To see if your journal is covered, visit the MPG OA Journal Finder, our searchable list of OA journals with central payment.)
- The article matches one of these types: Original Research Article, Review Article.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement
Please make sure to use your Max Planck email address at submission and during all stages of production if possible, as the publisher will mainly identify eligibility via email domains. During the production process, Mary Ann Liebert and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.