Open Access Agreement with AIP Publishing (AIPP)
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society has an open access agreement with AIP Publishing (AIPP), which covers open access publishing of all accepted articles by submitting corresponding Max Planck authors under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY); under the agreement, the relative article processing charges will be paid for centrally by the Max Planck Digital Library. The agreement also covers read access to all subscription journals available via AIPP. This open access agreement is part of the Max Planck Society’s strategy to enable a large-scale transition of today’s scholarly journals to open access.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- The acceptance date of the article must be between Jan. 1, 2023 and Dec. 31, 2025.
- The article is a peer-reviewed primary research article or review article.
- The author must publish under the Max Planck affiliation, which must also be stated in the published article.
- The author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only.
- The author identifies himself/herself by selecting his/her Max Planck Institute during submission.
- The submitting corresponding author executes a CC BY license.
Please note that charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
The list of all AIPP journals in which you can publish your article OA at no cost to you is available on the MPG OA Journal Finder