Open Access Agreement with SAGE
Information for Max Planck Authors
Max Planck authors can publish open access in almost 1,100 SAGE journals. The Open Access agreement for Max Planck Society centrally covers the OA charges for affiliated submitting corresponding authors who publish in participating Gold Open Access journals or in hybrid titles in the SAGE Premier 2022 package. In addition, MPG members will have access to the “2022 SAGE Premier” collection of subscription journals.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with SAGE:
- The article has been accepted by a participating SAGE Gold Open Access journal or a journal in the 2022 SAGE Premier package, that offers the SAGE Choice option (see supported titles).
- The Max Planck Society recommends authors to select the CC-BY license; in cases where a CC-BY license is not offered by the journal, another CC license is acceptable.
- A Max Planck author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article and submit the article using their Max Planck email address. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation – the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article.
- The agreement is in effect until Dec. 31, 2023. Be advised that relevant for eligibility is the date the article enters SAGE's production system, not the submission or acceptance date.
- The article matches one of these types: Original Research Paper, Review Paper, Brief Communication, Short Report, Case Report or similar (not included article types: errata, book review, editorial, published abstract, call for papers, news items or similar).
- Articles published in sponsored supplements are not eligible under this agreement.
- Articles eligible under this agreement will be identified post-acceptance based on email domain or Ringgold ID provided on submission.
Please note that charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.