Open Access Agreement with Cambridge University Press
Information for Max Planck Authors
Building on the ‘read and publish’ agreement coordinated by the Bavarian State Library (BSB), MPDL on behalf of the Max Planck Society has entered in an open access agreement with Cambridge University Press (CUP), which allows authors to publish open access in all CUP fully open access and hybrid journals. The Open Access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access charge for affiliated submitting corresponding authors who publish in CUP journals under a Creative Commons license. In addition, MPG members will have access to CUP’s full collection of nearly 400 journals.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with CUP:
- The article has been accepted by a fully open access or hybrid CUP journal. From the perspective of the Max Planck Society a CC-BY license should be selected (as the only compatible license with EU and other funder mandates), if offered by the journal.
- A Max Planck author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only. Please observe that CUP uses the Copyright Clearance Center/RightsLink (CCC) for their workflow. Authors will receive a notification from CUP to set up an account with CCC after acceptance. There the submitting corresponding author must fill in their Max Planck Institute.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation – the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article
- The agreement is in effect from Jan. 1, 2022 to Dec. 31, 2024. Be advised that relevant for eligibility is the date the article is processed by CCC, not the submission or acceptance date.
- The article matches one of these types: Research Article (incl. Review Article, Rapid Communication, Brief Report, Case Report). Other article types are not eligible.
- Charges for color option apply to print only and are NOT covered by this agreement
- Articles that have been missed can be made open access retroactively, but only within the same calendar year and only upon request by the author.
Open Access Support by Max Planck Digital Library
Open Access at the Max Planck Society