Open Access Agreement with American Chemical Society (ACS)
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society has established a new open access agreement with the American Chemical Society (ACS) which covers open access publishing of all accepted articles by submitting corresponding Max Planck authors in ACS journals that offer a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY); under the agreement, the relative article processing charges will be paid for centrally by the Max Planck Digital Library. The agreement also covers read access to the ACS “All Publications” Package and Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN). This open access agreement is part of the Max Planck Society’s strategy to enable a large-scale transition of today’s scholarly journals to open access.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- The acceptance date of the article must be between Jan. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2022.
- The author must publish under the Max Planck affiliation which must also be stated in the published article.
- The author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only.
- Authors must actually submit the article from their Max Planck e-mail address and be the one to communicate with ACS during the production process.
- As the agreement aims to facilitate immediate open access availability, applications for funding should be made immediately but no later than 2 weeks after the ACS acceptance notification .
Please note that charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement. Please be advised that ACS uses the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) for their workflow. Authors will receive a notification from ACS to set up an account with CCC after acceptance.