Open Access Agreement with Oxford University Press
Information for Max Planck Authors
The Max Planck Society established a new agreement with Oxford University Press (OUP) which includes access to OUP’s full journal collection as well as allowing authors to publish open access in subscription journals. The Open Access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access charge for affiliated corresponding authors in those subscription-based journals that are offering the hybrid open access option and have a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). Only a few OUP hybrid journals are excluded that do not use the Author Services online licensing and payment system. You can find a list of all eligible OUP journals here.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with OUP:
- The article has been accepted by an OUP journal that offers a CC-BY license. Please observe that the agreement requires authors to select the CC-BY license, not CC-BY-NC or CC-BY-NC-ND.
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation – the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article
- The acceptance date of the article is between Jan. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2020.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used if possible. Once your article is accepted, OUP will send a link to its online licensing and payment system, Author Services. There, authors will be asked to state their affiliation in the auto-select pick list. During the production process, OUP and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.