Springer Compact Agreement
Information for Max Planck authors
The Max Planck Society established an agreement with Springer ("Springer Compact") which includes access to more than 2,000 of Springer’s subscription journals as well as allowing authors to publish open access in over 1,600 subscription journals. The Open Access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access charge for affiliated corresponding authors in those subscription-based journals that are offering the hybrid open access option "Open Choice" and that also have a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY).
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with Springer:
- The article has been accepted by an Open Choice eligible journal that offers a CC-BY license.
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation.
- The acceptance date must not be farther back as November 1st, 2015. The bilateral agreement between the Max Planck Society and Springer initially was supposed to end in December 2018 but will be continued through 2019.
- The article matches one of these types: OriginalPaper or ReviewPaper.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used. Once your article is accepted, Springer will send a link to the MyPublication platform. There, authors will be asked to state their affiliation in the auto-select pick list. During the production process, Springer and Max Planck Digital Library will verify author eligibility.